lightning-datastore – Command for storing (plugin) data¶
datastore key [string] [hex] [mode] [generation]
The datastore RPC command allows plugins to store data in the Core Lightning database, for later retrieval.
key is an array of values (though a single value is treated as a
one-element array), to form a hierarchy. Using the first element of
the key as the plugin name (e.g.
[ "summary" ]) is recommended.
A key can either have children or a value, never both: parents are
created and removed automatically.
mode is one of “must-create” (default, fails if it already exists), “must-replace” (fails if it doesn’t already exist), “create-or-replace” (never fails), “must-append” (must already exist, append this to what’s already there) or “create-or-append” (append if anything is there, otherwise create).
generation, if specified, means that the update will fail if the previously-existing data is not exactly that generation. This allows for simple atomicity. This is only legal with mode “must-replace” or “must-append”.
On success, an object is returned, containing:
- key (array of strings):
- Part of the key added to the datastore
- generation (u64, optional): The number of times this has been updated
- hex (hex, optional): The hex data which has been added to the datastore
- string (string, optional): The data as a string, if it’s valid utf-8
The following error codes may occur:
- 1202: The key already exists (and mode said it must not)
- 1203: The key does not exist (and mode said it must)
- 1204: The generation was wrong (and generation was specified)
- 1205: The key has children already.
- 1206: One of the parents already exists with a value.
- -32602: invalid parameters