lightning-decodepay – Command for decoding a bolt11 string (low-level)¶
decodepay bolt11 [description]
The decodepay RPC command checks and parses a bolt11 string as specified by the BOLT 11 specification.
On success, an object is returned with the following fields, as specified by BOLT11:
- currency: the BIP173 name for the currency.
- timestamp: the UNIX-style timestamp of the invoice.
- expiry: the number of seconds this is valid after timestamp.
- payee: the public key of the recipient.
- payment_hash: the payment hash of the request.
- signature: the DER-encoded signature.
- description: the description of the purpose of the purchase (see below)
The following fields are optional:
- msatoshi: the number of millisatoshi requested (if any).
- amount_msat: the same as above, with msat appended (if any).
- fallbacks: array of fallback address object containing a hex string, and both type and addr if it is recognized as one of P2PKH, P2SH, P2WPKH, or P2WSH.
- routes: an array of routes. Each route is an arrays of objects, each containing pubkey, short_channel_id, fee_base_msat, fee_proportional_millionths and cltv_expiry_delta.
- extra: an array of objects representing unknown fields, each with one-character tag and a data bech32 string.
Technically, the description field is optional if a description_hash field is given, but in this case decodepay will only succeed if the optional description field is passed and matches the description_hash. In practice, these are currently unused.