lightning-funderupdate – Command for adjusting node funding v2 channels¶
funderupdate [policy] [policy_mod] [leases_only] [min_their_funding_msat] [max_their_funding_msat] [per_channel_min_msat] [per_channel_max_msat] [reserve_tank_msat] [fuzz_percent] [fund_probability] [lease_fee_base_msat] [lease_fee_basis] [funding_weight] [channel_fee_max_base_msat] [channel_fee_max_proportional_thousandths] [compact_lease]
NOTE: Must have –experimental-dual-fund enabled for these settings to take effect.
For channel open requests using
policy, policy_mod is the policy the funder plugin will use to decide
how much capital to commit to a v2 open channel request. There are three
policy options, detailed below:
The policy_mod is the number or ‘modification’ to apply to the policy.
Default is (fixed, 0sats).
match– Contribute policy_mod percent of their requested funds. Valid policy_mod values are 0 to 200. If this is a channel lease request, we match based on their requested funds. If it is not a channel lease request (and lease_only is false), then we match their funding amount. Note: any lease match less than 100 will likely fail, as clients will not accept a lease less than their request.
available– Contribute policy_mod percent of our available node wallet funds. Valid policy_mod values are 0 to 100.
fixed– Contributes a fixed policy_mod sats to v2 channel open requests.
Note: to maximize channel leases, best policy setting is (match, 100).
leases_only will only contribute funds to
which pay to lease funds. Defaults to false, will fund any v2 open request
using policy even if it’s they’re not seeking to lease funds. Note that
option_will_fund commits funds for 4032 blocks (~1mo). Must also set
lease_fee_base_msat, lease_fee_basis, funding_weight,
channel_fee_max_base_msat, and channel_fee_max_proportional_thousandths
to advertise available channel leases.
min_their_funding_msat is the minimum funding sats that we require in order to activate our contribution policy to the v2 open. Defaults to 10k sats.
max_their_funding_msat is the maximum funding sats that we will consider
to activate our contribution policy to the v2 open. Any channel open above this
will not be funded. Defaults to no max (
per_channel_min_msat is the minimum amount that we will contribute to a channel open. Defaults to 10k sats.
per_channel_max_msat is the maximum amount that we will contribute to a
channel open. Defaults to no max (
reserve_tank_msat is the amount of sats to leave available in the node wallet. Defaults to zero sats.
fuzz_percent is a percentage to fuzz the resulting contribution amount by.
Valid values are 0 to 100. Note that turning this on with (match, 100) policy
will randomly fail
option_will_fund leases, as most clients
expect an exact or greater match of their
Defaults to 0% (no fuzz).
fund_probability is the percent of v2 channel open requests to apply our policy to. Valid values are integers from 0 (fund 0% of all open requests) to 100 (fund every request). Useful for randomizing opens that receive funds. Defaults to 100.
Setting any of the next 5 options will activate channel leases for this node, and advertise these values via the lightning gossip network. If any one is set, the other values will be the default.
lease_fee_base_msat is the flat fee for a channel lease. Node will receive this much extra added to their channel balance, paid by the opening node. Defaults to 2k sats. Note that the minimum is 1sat.
lease_fee_basis is a basis fee that’s calculated as 1/10k of the total requested funds the peer is asking for. Node will receive the total of lease_fee_basis times requested funds / 10k satoshis added to their channel balance, paid by the opening node. Default is 0.65% (65 basis points)
funding_weight is used to calculate the fee the peer will compensate your
node for its contributing inputs to the funding transaction. The total fee
is calculated as the
funding_feerate_perkw times this
funding_weight divided by 1000. Node will have this funding fee added
to their channel balance, paid by the opening node. Default is
2 inputs + 1 P2WPKH output.
channel_fee_max_base_msat is a commitment to a maximum
channel_fee_base_msat that your node will charge for routing payments
over this leased channel during the lease duration. Default is 5k sats.
channel_fee_max_proportional_thousandths is a commitment to a maximum
channel_fee_proportional_millionths that your node will charge for
routing payments over this leased channel during the lease duration.
Note that it’s denominated in ‘thousandths’. A setting of
1 is equal
to 1k ppm;
5 is 5k ppm, etc. Default is 100 (100k ppm).
compact_lease is a compact description of the channel lease params. When
opening a channel, passed in to
fundchannel to indicate the terms we
expect from the peer.
On success, an object is returned, containing:
- summary (string): Summary of the current funding policy e.g. (match 100)
- policy (string): Policy funder plugin will use to decide how much captial to commit to a v2 open channel request (one of “match”, “available”, “fixed”)
- policy_mod (u32): The policy_mod is the number or ‘modification’ to apply to the policy.
- leases_only (boolean): Only contribute funds to
- min_their_funding_msat (msat): The minimum funding sats that we require from peer to activate our funding policy.
- max_their_funding_msat (msat): The maximum funding sats that we’ll allow from peer to activate our funding policy.
- per_channel_min_msat (msat): The minimum amount that we will fund a channel open with.
- per_channel_max_msat (msat): The maximum amount that we will fund a channel open with.
- reserve_tank_msat (msat): Amount of sats to leave available in the node wallet.
- fuzz_percent (u32): Percentage to fuzz our funding amount by.
- fund_probability (u32): Percent of opens to consider funding. 100 means we’ll consider funding every requested open channel request.
- lease_fee_base_msat (msat, optional): Flat fee to charge for a channel lease.
- lease_fee_basis (u32, optional): Proportional fee to charge for a channel lease, calculated as 1/10,000th of requested funds.
- funding_weight (u32, optional): Transaction weight the channel opener will pay us for a leased funding transaction.
- channel_fee_max_base_msat (msat, optional): Maximum channel_fee_base_msat we’ll charge for routing funds leased on this channel.
- channel_fee_max_proportional_thousandths (u32, optional): Maximum channel_fee_proportional_millitionths we’ll charge for routing funds leased on this channel, in thousandths.
- compact_lease (hex, optional): Compact description of the channel lease parameters.
The following error code may occur:
- -32602: If the given parameters are invalid.
Main web site: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning