lightning-listchannels – Command to query active lightning channels in the entire network¶
listchannels [short_channel_id] [source]
The listchannels RPC command returns data on channels that are known to the node. Because channels may be bidirectional, up to 2 objects will be returned for each channel (one for each direction).
If short_channel_id is a short channel id, then only known channels with a matching short_channel_id are returned. Otherwise, it must be null.
If source is a node id, then only channels leading from that node id are returned.
If neither is supplied, data on all lightning channels known to this node, are returned. These can be local channels or public channels broadcast on the gossip network.
On success, an object with a “channels” key is returned containing a list of 0 or more objects.
Each object in the list contains the following data:
- source : The node providing entry to the channel, specifying the fees charged for using the channel in that direction.
- destination : The node providing the exit point for the channel.
- short_channel_id : The channel identifier.
- public : Boolean value, is publicly available. Non-local channels will only ever have this value set to true. Local channels are side-loaded by this node, rather than obtained through the gossip network, and so may have this value set to false.
- satoshis : Funds available in the channel.
- amount_sat : Same as above, but ending in sat.
- message_flags : Bitfield showing the presence of optional fields in the channel_update message (BOLT #7).
- channel_flags : Bitfields indicating the direction of the channel and signaling various options concerning the channel. (BOLT #7).
- active : Boolean value, is available for routing. This is linked to the channel flags data, where if the second bit is set, signals a channels temporary unavailability (due to loss of connectivity) OR permanent unavailability where the channel has been closed but not settlement on-chain.
- last_update : Unix timestamp (seconds) showing when the last channel_update message was received.
- base_fee_millisatoshi : The base fee (in millisatoshi) charged
for the HTLC (BOLT #7; equivalent to
- fee_per_millionth : The amount (in millionths of a satoshi)
charged per transferred satoshi (BOLT #7; equivalent to
- delay : The number of blocks of additional delay required when
forwarding an HTLC in this direction. (BOLT #7; equivalent to
- htlc_minimum_msat : The minimum payment which can be sent through this channel.
- htlc_maximum_msat : The maximum payment which can be sent through this channel.
If short_channel_id or source is supplied and no matching channels are found, a “channels” object with an empty list is returned.
On error the returned object will contain
code being one of the following:
- -32602: If the given parameters are wrong.
Main web site: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning
Lightning RFC site