lightning-openchannel_bump – Command to initiate a channel RBF¶
openchannel_bump channel_id amount initalpsbt [funding_feerate]
openchannel_bump is a RPC command which initiates a channel
RBF (Replace-By-Fee) for the specified channel. It uses the openchannel protocol
which allows for interactive transaction construction.
id is the id of the channel to RBF.
amount is the satoshi value that we will contribute to the channel. This value will be added to the provided PSBT in the output which is encumbered by the 2-of-2 script for this channel.
initialpsbt is the funded, incomplete PSBT that specifies the UTXOs and
change output for our channel contribution. It can be updated,
openchannel_update; initialpsbt must have at least one input.
Must have the Non-Witness UTXO (PSBT_IN_NON_WITNESS_UTXO) set for
every input. An error (code 309) will be returned if this requirement
is not met.
funding_feerate is an optional field. Sets the feerate for the funding transaction. Defaults to 1/64th greater than the last feerate used for this channel.
Warning: bumping a leased channel will lose the lease.
On success, an object is returned, containing:
- channel_id (hex): the channel id of the channel (always 64 characters)
- psbt (string): the (incomplete) PSBT of the RBF transaction
- commitments_secured (boolean): whether the psbt is complete (always false)
- funding_serial (u64): the serial_id of the funding output in the psbt
- requires_confirmed_inputs (boolean, optional): Does peer require confirmed inputs in psbt?
If the peer does not support
option_dual_fund, this command
will return an error.
If the channel is not in a state that is eligible for RBF, this command will return an error.
On error the returned object will contain
code being one of the following:
- -32602: If the given parameters are wrong.
- -1: Catchall nonspecific error.
- 300: The amount exceeded the maximum configured funding amount.
- 301: The provided PSBT cannot afford the funding amount.
- 305: Peer is not connected.
- 309: PSBT missing required fields
- 311: Unknown channel id.
- 312: Channel in an invalid state
lightning-openchannel_init(7), lightning-openchannel_update(7), lightning-openchannel_signed(7), lightning-openchannel_abort(7), lightning-fundchannel_start(7), lightning-fundchannel_complete(7), lightning-fundchannel(7), lightning-fundpsbt(7), lightning-utxopsbt(7), lightning-multifundchannel(7)
Main web site: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning