lightning-openchannel_update – Command to update a collab channel open¶
openchannel_update channel_id psbt
openchannel_update is a low level RPC command which continues an open
channel, as specified by channel_id. An updated psbt is passed in; any
changes from the PSBT last returned (either from
a previous call to
openchannel_update) will be communicated to the peer.
Must be called after
openchannel_init and before
Must be called until commitments_secured is returned as true, at which point
openchannel_signed should be called with a signed version of the PSBT
returned by the last call to
channel_id is the id of the channel.
psbt is the updated PSBT to be sent to the peer. May be identical to
the PSBT last returned by either
On success, an object is returned, containing:
- channel_id (hex): the channel id of the channel (always 64 characters)
- psbt (string): the PSBT of the funding transaction
- commitments_secured (boolean): whether the psbt is complete (if true, sign psbt and call
openchannel_signedto complete the channel open)
- funding_outnum (u32): The index of the funding output in the psbt
- close_to (hex, optional): scriptPubkey which we have to close to if we mutual close
If commitments_secured is true, will also return:
- The derived channel_id.
- A close_to script, iff a
close_toaddress was provided to
openchannel_initand the peer supports
- The funding_outnum, the index of the funding output for this channel in the funding transaction.
- -32602: If the given parameters are wrong.
- -1: Catchall nonspecific error.
- 305: Peer is not connected.
- 309: PSBT missing required fields
- 311: Unknown channel id.
- 312: Channel in an invalid state
lightning-openchannel_init(7), lightning-openchannel_signed(7), lightning-openchannel_bump(7), lightning-openchannel_abort(7), lightning-fundchannel_start(7), lightning-fundchannel_complete(7), lightning-fundchannel(7), lightning-fundpsbt(7), lightning-utxopsbt(7), lightning-multifundchannel(7)