lightning-waitinvoice – Command for waiting for specific payment¶
The waitinvoice RPC command waits until a specific invoice is paid, then returns that single entry as per listinvoice.
On success, an object is returned, containing:
- label (string): unique label supplied at invoice creation
- description (string): description used in the invoice
- payment_hash (hex): the hash of the payment_preimage which will prove payment (always 64 characters)
- status (string): Whether it’s paid or expired (one of “paid”, “expired”)
- expires_at (u64): UNIX timestamp of when it will become / became unpayable
- amount_msat (msat, optional): the amount required to pay this invoice
- bolt11 (string, optional): the BOLT11 string (always present unless bolt12 is)
- bolt12 (string, optional): the BOLT12 string (always present unless bolt11 is)
If status is “paid”:
- pay_index (u64): Unique incrementing index for this payment
- amount_received_msat (msat): the amount actually received (could be slightly greater than amount_msat, since clients may overpay)
- paid_at (u64): UNIX timestamp of when it was paid
- payment_preimage (hex): proof of payment (always 64 characters)
On error the returned object will contain
code being one of the following:
- -32602: If the given parameters are wrong.
- -1: If the invoice is deleted while unpaid, or the invoice does not exist.
- 903: If the invoice expires before being paid, or is already expired.
lightning-waitanyinvoice(7), lightning-listinvoice(7), lightning-delinvoice(7), lightning-invoice(7)